Friday, January 11, 2008

Gorgor’s Old Diary



Posted by 滴血怨毒
Date 2003-02-02 14:01:41
Downloaded from http://bbs.ent.163.com/bbs/zhangguorong/107876.html



Translated by Daydreamer on January 11, 2008

Gorgor’s Old Diary (My New Year Gift)



Author's notes: The New Year has arrived, a time to get rid of the old stuff and welcome the new ones. I do not know what new stuff I am expecting, but there are plenty of old stuff. The first day of the new year, my friend called me and I went to his place. There I saw him holding an old magazine. He said he found this magazine from his drawer and this would surely bring him luck in the year of the goat. This magazine was an 1989 issue, volume 4, of the “Overseas Stars”. With my shaking hands, I turned the page to page 173 and saw "Diary of the Star – Leslie Cheung" (1988, 8, 28-9, 3).

Sunday
Just finished the 23 performances. I was totally relieved but suffered from insomnia. Perhaps it was the consequence of having spent one whole month at the Hung Hom Coliseum. Now that everything is back to normal, inevitably there is a sense of void or emptiness. Actually the 23 performances did not make me feel tired, on the contrary, I feel really exhausted after finishing them because I could not hear the whistles and screams of the fans any more.

Monday
I attended the press conference of Michael Lai’s "Michael Lai and Friends Concert". This concert will be held in November at the Hung Hom Coliseum in which I will sing with Jacky Chan, Anita Mui and David Lui Fong for approximately twenty minutes every night. Originally I planned to not performing any more this year, however, in view of my friendship with Michael and that the first song "Chasing" that I sang was composed by him, I will do so as an exception.

[Note by Translator: See http://www.lesliecheung.cc/Concert/Michaelai/report(eng)/report(eng).htm, a report by a fan who attended the concert.]

Tuesday
I had purchased a property in London two years ago. At that time, it worth £400,000, and now the price has gone up to £450,000. During these three years, the price of the properties in London has gone up and the sterling pounds are staying strong, therefore, purchasing properties in London as an investment is a wise decision. In a short while, I will travel to Europe. Vienna is going to be my first stop where I will watch some operas. Then I will go to Paris as well as London where I will purchase property and go to the theatres. London is a place that I will definitely stop by because I have already scheduled to meet with George Lam there. A real estate broker will be there to show him some properties for consideration.

Wednesday
Apart from making movies, I very much enjoy travelling, reading, and watching people. Travelling may allow us to look at and know more of the outside world, reading may increase our knowledge, and observing people may help me to understand human nature more. Actually, each individual is like a book himself having his own story. Looking at one’s outward appearance is like looking at the cover of a book. Then after further contact and communication, you will feel as if reading the contents of that book. Very interesting.

Thursday
To live solidly is the best attitude towards life. One has to live with pride, and has to know how to distinguish between good and bad, right and wrong and never does anything that is bad and incorrect. [NOTE by author: this is a quote from "Mencius"] [NOTE by translator: Mencius, born 372-289 BCE(?), was a Chinese philosopher who was arguably the most famous Confuscian after Confucius himself.] I am in favour of the theory of “rather go without than have something shoddy”. Therefore I do not have a lot of friends but they are all good ones.

Friday
In order to take good care of my vocal cord, I avoided consuming cold and stimulating food. Also, I tried to sleep for 10 hours each night. Now that the concerts were over, I may change my lifestyle a bit. I may eat wholeheartedly and also play majong with my friends. However, I still cannot shake away the sense of loss as I really miss the Hung Hom Coliseum.

Saturday
The world-renowned international Broadway opera "CATS" is planning to perform in Hong Kong. The person-in-charge invited me to play one of the important characters about which I am really excited. The only downside is that one has to leave Hong Kong and go to New York in 1989 to train for one year.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 p.m.

    What a joy to read Leslie's words....ooo I could kiss you friend for finding this treasure... many many thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete