Friday, November 10, 2006

Director Ye Daying's Message "My Friend" posted in his Blog

Following was downloaded from the Director of "A Time To Remember" Mr. Ye Daying's Blog site posted on 2006-11-07 09:30:43

http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/4a6c42cf010006ol

Translated by Daydreamer on 2006-11-10

That year, I was shooting the TV series “Passing By Happiness”. After dinner, I received a call from a friend saying that he [Leslie] had an accident. At that time, I thought which bastard would play such a joke on us because that day was the April Fool’s Day. On my return to the drama team, I made a few calls to my good friends in Hong Kong and it was finally confirmed.

Shortly after that, reporters started to call me. I could hardly say anything, merely feeling tears swelling in my eyes. I therefore turned off my cell phone.

I remember that the last time we met was in a disco in Beijing. My mood was very down at that time insanely hanging out all day. I did not want to make any movie nor to do anything at all. I remember that at that time, I was about to leave the room, as soon as the door was opened, I unexpectedly saw Leslie walking towards me. He gave me a big hug for a long time. He said, “Brother, what happened to you?”.

We then settled down in another room. He and I had a very long talk. He told me how he struggled step by step since childhood in order to get to his present state. He said he cherished everything that he possessed. He also said, “We should learn how to treasure things. We should make movies!”

I don’t want to guess why he made that choice. I could only accept it as a fact that my good friend has gone. In my heart, I always remember him as well as the days we spent together when we made the movie.

Towards someone who pretended that he knew the fact, saying why he [Leslie] made that choice, what I wanted to say here is that that director did not have anything better to do. What do you think you are? Do you consider yourself as someone who knows everything about the Hong Kong entertainment world? Are you bored or not? When your film was not nicely made then you wanted to use the gossips to attract people’s attention. You should come forward and apologize to the deceased, and to those audience who love Leslie.

This morning, I did not know why I wanted to say these out.



MESSAGE BY 流浪的榮迷
Downloaded from http://bbs.ent.163.com/zhangguorong/168572,0,50,0,40,46.html?userid=

Notes from Daydreamer: 流浪的榮迷, A Time to Remember is also my favourite movie of Gorgor’s too. Because I love Jin, because I love Gorgor, I love what you’ve written.

哥哥,我们的红色恋人!

靳的故事、靳的精神、靳的音乐、靳的形象、靳的笑脸、靳的身影、
靳的声音、靳的围巾、靳的俄罗斯文学、靳的一切一切,永存我心!

“我要告诉你们,此刻,正有一群顽强的战士,
正不屈不挠地在坚持着他们自己的信念,他们的理想,他们的主义,
他们的名字叫——红军!”

亲爱的靳,我们都是您的战士,让我们千万次地为您呐喊——
“太阳出来了!”
“太阳出来了!”
“太阳出来了!”

永远怀念红色恋人哥哥張國榮!

Gorgor, our red lover!

Jin’s story, Jin’s spirit, Jin’s music, Jin’s image, Jin’s smiling face, Jin’s shadow, Jin’s voice, Jin’s scarf, Jin’s Russian literature, Jin’s everything, will forever be in my heart!

“I have to tell you, at this moment, there is a group of tenacious warriors, indomitably persisting they faith, their dream, their ideology, their name is – red army!”

Dear Jin, we are your warriors, let us cry out for you thousands of times----

“The sun has come out!”
“The sun has come out!”
“The sun has come out!”

Forever cherish the memory of our red lover Gorgor Leslie Cheung!

Following is Message posted by Ashley Yao in her Blog on November 8, 2006 re Director Ye's message

After reading this message, I was very sad …. very very sad …. haven’t been so sad for a very long time……

“Brother, what happened to you?”
“We should learn how to treasure things. We should make movies!”


We could almost see his then facial expression, tone, and lively appearance….

Such a kind person, being so kind to everyone….
Seeing that Director Ye was so similar to all of us who did not want to mention his name, instead he merely said, “he”, “he”, naturally we all understand that kind of sentiment ….

Remember well that after he left us, Director Ye was interviewed by CCTV. He spoke incoherently, broke down and then choked with sobs. Basically no matter what the host asked him, he merely stayed absent mindedly in his own state of mind and kept saying “Why did he leave, why did he leave…..”

Director Ye is not the noisy type of person all along so he was in what kind of mood to offend a live person for someone who’s already dead…..

Actually He Ping was innocent. He merely explained how dangerous depression is. Looking at his original speech, he has not told any lie. Even if Florence Chan came out and made a speech, it would be the same thing. He was merely made use of by the media who did not have any conscience, summarizing a thought quoted out of context, setting up a subject to win audience’ attention, making up a vulgar type of news…..

In this world, there are people who are heartless, and luckily there also exist some people who are loyal and sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment