Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Loving your sincerity….. the story of preserved plums



愛你一片真... 雪花梅的故事

Source: Sudden Weekly, November 24, 2006 issue

Translated by Daydreamer on November 29, 2006

In Michelle's purse, there is always one or two packs of Wong Wing Kee's preserved plums, as well as her idol Leslie Cheung's handsome picture. She first fell in love with Leslie, then with the preserved plums.

Michelle has been following Gorgor for many years and she discovered that Gorgor's real self is as true as his songs, i.e. with genuine and good quality. Besides, he is very real and sincere to others.

Because of her love for her idol, she also follows his taste. Wong Wing Kee's preserved plums is one of Gorgor's beloved snacks, Michelle therefore also follows suit. After she tried it once, she discovered that it is different from any other brands because its sweetness does not give you an after-taste, it is soothing yet soft and easy to chew, like snowflakes. Since then, Wong Wing Kee's preserved plums becomes one of Michelle’s most favourite snacks.

After Gorgor left us, Michelle feels that nowadays we cannot find anyone as frank and sincere as Gorgor in the entertainment industry anymore. Today's singers are all packaged by the record companies. They are like marshmallows with a beautiful look yet does not taste good and the feeling is very unreal. Also the songs they sing do not have the taste like those of Gorgor.

On April 1 of every year, i.e. the day of Gorgor's death anniversary, Michelle will take a few packs of Wong Wing Kee's preserved plums to Gorgor's place to pay respect to him hoping that Gorgor will accept her sincere love to him.

Michelle is an Accountant

Address of Wong Wing Kee: 52 Jervois Street, Lee Kee Commercial Building, Ground Floor, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
王榮記地址:上環蘇杭街52號地下

3 comments:

  1. I have been searching stories of the late Leslie Cheung, about anything!! For I am a Malay and obviously I do not speak chinese, so this blog of yours is something that I longed looking for. Pls continue writing about him. Please..please..
    Even I dun understand a single word, I did buy his albums and I have a great collections of his movies as well. Luckily the movies have subtittles :).
    You dun have any idea how much I love him and letting him go was the hardest thing I've ever did in my life. He was my first love. He was everyone's first love. I know..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Diana:

    Thanks for visiting my Blog. Please come more often. I will do my best to update it more often. The purpose of this Blog is to share with non-Chinese reading and speaking fans articles that I enjoy reading. If you don't already know, there are two websites which are very informative and are established for overseas fans who do not speak or read Chinese. They are www.lesliepillow.com and www.leslie-cheung.de. Both visit them to learn more about dear Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:58 p.m.

    OMG! Wong Wing Kee preserved plums!! My childhood favorite! I haven't been able to find them in YEARS!!! Do they still exist? If so, where can I buy them? (I live in Houston, Tx.) I still have a bag that is 10 years old and I still savor them hum! Thanks! Carmen F.

    ReplyDelete